If you’re currently looking for a natural way to relax and calm your mind, body, and spirit, look no further than essential-type oils. The following recipes are perfect for diffusing in your home or your office or applying topically to your skin. Essential-type oils can also be used in DIY projects like homemade candles, soaps, and lotions.
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of relaxation. Whether taking a break from your busy day-to-day life or winding down for the evening, the following essential oils recipes will help you relax and feel at ease.
Add a few drops of your favourite brand of lavender oil to your diffuser and breathe in the calming scent.
Add a few drops of your favourite brand of chamomile or lavender oil to your bathtub for a relaxing bathtime routine.
If you’re looking for an on-the-go option, keep a bottle of relaxation spray in your purse or backpack.
TIPS FOR USING ESSENTIAL OILS
- Always start with a small amount and increase as needed.
- Be sure to test the oil on a small sensitive skin area before applying it to a larger area.
- Always dilute the oil in your preferred carrier oil, such as jojoba or grapeseed oil, before applying it to your skin.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS
- Choose your base oil. This will be the carrier oil that will hold the essential oils together and help to distribute them evenly on your skin. Some good options include jojoba oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Decide on the oils you want to use. For relaxation, some good choices include lavender, chamomile, or ylang-ylang. Start with 3-5 drops of each oil, and you can indeed always add more later if you want a more aromatic scent.
- Mix the oils together in a dark glass bottle or container. Be sure to label it, so you know what’s inside!
LAVENDER AND CHAMOMILE SLEEPYTIME BATH SALTS
To make your lavender and chamomile sleepytime bath salts, combine the following:
-1 cup Epsom salt
-1 cup sea salt
-1/2 cup baking soda
-10 drops of lavender oil
-5 drops of chamomile oil
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and neatly store in an airtight container. Add 1/2 cup of the mixture to a warm bath, and enjoy!
MANDARIN AND BERGAMOT CALMING BODY BUTTER
This body butter recipe is essentially perfect for those days when you indeed need a little extra relaxation. Mandarin and bergamot are calming oils that help ease stress and tension. This body butter is also great for massages, as the beautiful scent will help to create a relaxing atmosphere.
ROSEMARY AND PEPPERMINT STRESS RELIEF ROLLER BOTTLE BLEND
This roller bottle blend is perfect for when you need to relax and de-stress. The combination of rosemary and peppermint oils is refreshing, and invigorating while also calming and soothing.
Apply to the neck’s wrists, temples, or back as needed.
The roller bottle blend can be actively stored in a cool, dark place for many months.
YLANG-YLANG AND FRANKINCENSE RELAXING BODY OIL
To use, massage into the skin using circular motions. For best results, use after a warm bath or shower.
Ylang-ylang (Cananga odorata) is native to tropical Asia and has a sweet, floral scent that uplifts and calms. It is often used in aromatherapy to help reduce stress and anxiety.
Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) has a warm, woody aroma that is deeply grounding. It is popularly used in meditation and prayer as it actively helps to still the mind and connect with the higher self.
There’s no denying that life can be stressful. Fortunately, there are several ways to relax and de-stress; one is using essential-type oils. These oils have many benefits, from reducing anxiety and promoting sleep to helping with headaches and indigestion. And the best part is that they’re easy to use — add a few drops to your diffuser or bathtub and let the stress melt away.